photo meetme.png

Jan 15, 2014

Jureez Files: Once Upon a Doodle





                     It all started yesterday afternoon, I was alone at my room. The weather gave me the feeling that I hated the most, boredom. I did not want to sleep because my body is already sore for taking so much naps. What I did was, turned on my wifi, went to pinterest and went pinning things, and other stuff there. And then suddenly, my mind was picturing a dreamcatcher. The last time I went to the mall, I saw someone selling dream catchers, but, I did not have spare money with me. The other half of me felt broken, cause I know to myself that I wanted it badly, i wanted to own one!....I went home bearing a broken heart...

                    It was only yesterday that the feeling of wanting came back, somehow the image molested my thoughts it made me  search for tags "dreamcatcher". And then it all begun, i saw this picture of a girl. Hair tied up in a messy bun, i cannot imagine how beautifully messy her hair was, it was perfect. And I wondered jealously why, when I am the one trying that hair style it just seem not right. I look like someone walking around a park on a windy day!. How unfair the world is! Hahaha. Moving on, what made the picture extra especial was she was wearing on her ear. Yes, you got that one right, a dreamcatcher earring. Suddenly the feeling comes back in flashes, my other self was awaken again, but not in hate anymore it was inspired. Then i went and looked for something to draw on, grabbed myself a pen and then it went and started sketching.


                   It has been years since I last sketched. It is all boredom's fault to kick me back from my old habits. But, my hand aged and can't manage to finish sketching. I thought it's because it was too long ago. I decided to look for something much easier to draw, like chibis, kawaii, animes, cartoon characters. And so I did. Went to youtube, everything is there, like EVERYTHING! I searched for tutorials on drawing a simple chibi, and the search engine gave me results of DOODLES. I got even more inspired! my mind went, "Oh yeah, why not try doodling?" since I haven't tried doodling before, I went and clicked one tutorial, I got the tutorial from Pic Candle. I ready my papers and pens , then suddenly [||||||||||||_______________] my mind went F*CK! how in the world am I going to doodle? T_T hahahaha, I realy though it will be dang easy! but, MY GOODNESS IT'S SOOOO NOT!.



                 And because I was born a stubborn fart, (a good kind of stubborn though) I gave it a GO GO GO! I drew with pencil first cause I am no pro here. went la la la la la la la, then stopped. naubusan ano ng idea na i-draw. When it comes to drawing, I am more on abstract thingy, and less on the cute, realistic stuff. It was not my thing. That is why I find doodling hell hard. You need to draw different kinds of monsters, characters and the rule in doodling is not to repeat what you just drew. That is like taking a bloody MATHEMATICAL exam! Yes that is how I describe it hahaha. But, looking at the brighter side of it, it is way easier to master than memorizing mathematical formulas and stuff like that. All you need is to eat a lot of patience, mga 3000g, and of course willingness to learn and of course your skills baby! That is not expensive at all.

                I guess I don't have more to say here. But, before I end this post, may I please share to you guys what i was talking about? haha, here are some of my works ;)
   
.


I was hesitant to share this hahaha. This was my very first DOODLE evah! haha
HASHGTAG messy!


and because, I was too inspired I made another one.
this one looks a lot better that the first one right? hihi
there so many doodle inspirations on the net, like finn, jake and princess bublegum of adventure time
they are perfect for doodles ^_________^

I made this one for my timeline cover on face book.




after doodling, i took a photo with my trusty digicam, went to photoshop and set the saturation to zero, adjusted the light, darkness on the levels and then i ended up with this :)


I also tried to digitally color it on photoshop. Added a colored background, white cast, enhanced the outlines then poooof! :)))


and here's my very first requested doodle


I promise to practice more make more art and share it to the world! :)

PS: the intro photo was my newest doodle. i decided to make it as an intro photo for this post ;)

much love and respect,

 

No comments:

Back To Top Transparent Sexy Pink Heart